Ok... So the last commit had some networking code in the release notes, but I have a feeling most of that will be lost. I have never truly felt comfortable with the solution I had, in terms of elegance and scalability, and network effeciency etc.

I asked myself, how can I get it right? Well, I decided I needed to look at as much of other people's network code as I can get. Unfortunately I've not found a great deal, but I did find Almindor's (the guy who wrote lnet, which I use for networking) Lentilwars code. This has some elegant solutions to some problems I wasn't sure how to get through. The other piece of code is called DataPacker - written by Theo Lustenberger, which will be able to compress the data I send (zip), and make it easy for me to incrementally "decipher" the messages that was sent.

So generally I have hope to get the networking fully going, but for now it's still far off. I'm trying to get at least 30m of programming in a day. Obviously some days it'll be more, and others will be less. But 30m of DA focus a day... (even if it's more research).

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.