Hi all,

I want to apologize that February is (likely) not going to make it. However I am going through all the code at the moment and noticing where I can improve. So in a lot of instances it's a rewrite (well, not complete) of the existing code. It is because the old code was geared at getting single player working, but now I need slightly more abstract code to deal with multi player and single player.

For instance, as it is at the moment, creating a token, and playing a card doesn't use any of the same code (it's pretty much copied and pasted and then modified). However for internet play, it would be much cleaner if I could just have
"Playcard('Atog',X,Y,Facing)"
and
"Playcard('Saproling token',X,Y,Facing)" (the problem is that DA doesn't "know" Saproling token, but it knows Atog).

But that's not how it works at the moment... and that's the type of thing I need to fix. Basically playing a token will tell DA (not forever, just for now) that Saproling token, is a 1/1 green card with the name "Saproling token".

So far I've therefor implemented the "hand" actions, and looked through the "zone" actions, but they all indirectly reference stuff that falls in the "in-play" actions, where I've not yet got.

I am not going to put a target date down (again), but know that I am working on DA almost daily at the moment, so we'll be getting there sooner rather than later.

1 comments:

Btw... I don't actually use the word "Gonna" (as opposed to "Going to"). This is in reference to the song "Not gonna make it". :-D

March 12, 2009 at 2:30 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.